Friday, February 22, 2013

Retreats Past and Future

Last weekend Sandy's quilters from Canberra came for their fourth visit.  There were seven wonderful ladies and they worked on their projects.  Over the course of the weekend some wonderful quilt tops were produced.  They varied greatly in technique and colour.  I have a photo of one of the quilt tops finished.  This braid quilt was made from batks that were purchased in Bali last September on the 'Bali Treasures' trip that Sandy orgainsed.  Pam and her sister travelled down from Brisbane for the retreat.

I have also been working on a quilt made with a jelly roll that I got in Bail on that trip.  The colours are different to what I usually work with.  It has been interesting using such bright colours.  I am going to applique hibiscus and butterflies on it.

On a different note I have a Scrapbooking group next weekend.  This is one of my groups.  All these ladies have been before and the group is a great one.  I have been asked if I could organise an extra Scrapbooking Retreat for the 21st - 23rd June.  This is open to all.  If you would like details please contact me.

The 5th - 7th April is a UFO Quilting weekend.  There are still some places available for this retreat.  If you would like to come no matter what your experience or if you come alone you are always welcome.

Dont' forget that we can orgainise a retreat for your group either for a weekend or during the week.

Dorothy

1 comment:

  1. Love the jelly roll quilt, Dorothy..it's glowing! Would've loved to come for the UFO weekend, but it's hubbys birthday that weekend!
    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete