Sunday, July 1, 2012

Australian Quilting Cruise Update

Keeping Warm
Here we are six months out from our next Australian Quilting Cruise.  It is almost snowing here.  In fact one of the ladies coming on the cruise was speaking to me at lunch time and it was snowing where she is at Kanama, near Batlow.  Just thinking about curising to the Pacific and being able to quilt on the way is waming me up.  My animals have taken position by the fire.  They are not venturing too far from the house.

We have to date 15 quilting ladies plus some partners and friends booked on the curise.  We have a lot of publicity going out over the next couple of months so if you would like to come or would like more information please contact me.

I have been busy in my sewing room putting together quilts to show for my two classes.  I have managed to finish quilting one of them.  Seven to go.  Have done (or will do) four variations on each of my classes.  You know quilting rooms are very hard to keep tidy.  I seem to have fabrics everywhere.

Amanda has posted some of her samples on her blog.  Hop over there and have a look. http://amandaspatch.blogspot.com.au/

I am still waiting on the batics to arrive for one of my workshops.  Will post the finished quilt when I have it completed'

With the school holidays upon us and snow not far away we have a lot of bookings.  Just after the holidays I have 7 ladies from Albury coming for a retreat so we will be very busy over then next few weeks.  Still hope to fit in the patchwork.  Seem to be sewing later at night. 

Will keep you posted on the quilting progress over the next few weeks.

Until next time

Dorothy

No comments:

Post a Comment