Monday, October 24, 2011

October News

October has been a busy month. Last weekend Russellee had a UFO Quilting Retreat. Six ladies addtended this retreat and it was a great three days. Lots of quilting, lots of great food and lots of talking. I enjoyed this weekend very much as I was able to sew a quilt myself. I had the fabric for a few years in my stash and our Alaskan trip inspired me to get it out and make a quilt. I was please with the results.

Most of the month has been organising kits and ordering fabric for the Quilting Cruise in February. We have 27 ladies coming on the curise at the moment. I did not realise the amount of effort that goes into putting together kits for 30 ladies. I have almost finished the landscape workshop that I am doing on the curise. Most of the fabric arrived last week with only one to come. I shall post it on the blog as soon as I quilt and bind it.

Next year is shaping up to being a busy one with quilting and scrapbooking retreats as well as the Quilting Cruise. I have lots of ideas for workshops. I am trying to find different tecniques and new products for these workshops.Russellee will be having a Quilting Retreat 9-11 March 2012. this will be a Dance of the Dragonflies quilt designed by Annette Ornelas. We will be also having a UFO retreat the 4-6 May 2012.

Both these retreats have bookings already. If you are interested in them contact me by email russeldr@bigpond.com and I will send out information on these retreats.

The Scrapbooking Retreat 2-4 March is almost at capacity. This retreat was almost at capacity within a couple of days of announcing it.

If you have a group of quilters or scrapbookers that are looking for a venue for their own weekend away contact me and we will see what we can do for you.





Until next time


Dorothy


No comments:

Post a Comment